You've gone to log in to your account and have been greeted with an error message? Here are some things you can try to re-access your account.
1) Triple check the spelling of your username.
Please also make sure there's no space before or after the email either. If you've forgotten your username, please send us a message using the red Help button in the bottom left corner. Please submit your full name, address and company name.
2) Clear your browser cookies and cache.
Your browser stores bits and pieces of information from websites you’ve browsed previously so they can load faster the next time you visit them. Clearing it can solve certain issues such as the browser freezing/hanging, updates not appearing, and pages not loading. Find out how to clear your cache here.
Deleting your cookies may also help, which are bits of information your browser stores on your computer to help optimise your browsing experience. You can delete these too, but note this will log you out of any active viewing sessions. Find out how to clear your cookies here.
3) Check that you're using the most up to date version of your browser.
Our website isn't fully compatible with older versions of some browsers, which may mean it doesn't work correctly with them. Find out if you are using the most current version of your browser by visiting this website. Try using a different browser (i.e. Chrome instead of Firefox) to see if this solves the issue, you can also try using an incognito window as this simulates a completely "fresh" visit without any caching or cookies. Visit your browser's settings to find the option.
4) Check the security settings on your computer
Have you recently installed updates or a new antivirus program? These may have changed the security settings on your computer or browser. Make sure www.frankfurtrights.com is included in your list of Trusted Websites, and check that your privacy settings aren't set too high. Make sure you're visiting https://frankfurtrights.com which is the secure version of our website. Occasionally Google Chrome does not let you visit unsecured sites.
5) Reset your password
If you're sure your username is fine, the system is probably not recognising the password you're inputting. We can't see your password, so if you've forgotten it, you will need to reset it. The reset password will go to your registered email address.
Are you not getting your reset emails? Please send us a message using the red Support button in the bottom left corner. Please submit your full name, address and company name.
6) Check that your membership has not expired
For Buyers: Have one or more of your invoices not been paid? In such a case it may be that we have disabled your account. Check your mailbox for payment reminders or penalty letters and get in touch with us, using the red Support button in the bottom left corner, to reactivate your account.
For Sellers: Most membership subscriptions through Frankfurt Rights are one year long. If your membership has expired, your account will be disabled. We will always contact you to check whether you'd like to keep your account active, but don't hesitate to email us if you're not sure.
7) If none of the above appears to be an issue, the problem may be due to a site or server error. Try waiting a couple of hours before attempting to log in again.
Should you still not be able to log in after trying all of these steps, please let us know by using the red Support button in the bottom left corner.
When messaging us about these issues, it is important that you include the following information so that we are able to help you as best as we can:
- the username/email address you are using to log in
- whether you have tried to reset the password and, if so, if you have tried the new password
- which operating system you are using (i.e. Windows 7)
- which version of your internet browser you are using (i.e. Internet Explorer 11)
- whether you have cleared the cache and/or cleared cookies since trying to log in
- whether you have tried using a different browser and computer to log in